Wednesday, October 17, 2007

LUPO'S w/ WHO DEM? & STYLES P. Fri. 10.19

Hola mi gente!!!!!

What's crackinnnnnnnn?!? LOL :-) Everything is going well with me this week so far...
The fashion Show @ PEARL was cool......despite a few "snafoos" for sure! Those of you that couldn't make it, you can check out the photos @ www.riatnight.com by just entering the site & clicking on "Photos", and then PEARL on Sat. 10.13.

I don't have much going on this weekend...except for a little appearance with my boys WHO DEM? this Fri. 10.19 @ Lupo's. (79 Washington St. Providence, RI)

They're opening up for renowned hiphop artist STYLES P. along with some other acts, and they asked me to join them on stage to sing our song that's on their SwitchTape 3.0.....which by the way is HOT... and if you live in the Providence area you should definitely holla @ one of the guys and cop that!
Support your local artists in the STRUGGLE!
We're all in this together...

But other than that.....last night I saw Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" and I thought it was FANTASTIC!!!!! Superbly written, incredibly well acted, and ultimately 100% entertaining.
I loved it! It's a definite must see...
It was refreshing to see black couples/relationships displayed on the silver screen in a "REAL" light...with positivity, love, loyalty & humor. It's not very often that we get to see ourselves on the main screen in that light, so "hat's off" to Tyler Perry for always bringing the real!

Also, I copped my girl J.LO's new cd "BRAVE" last week, which I truly enjoy! Most of my close family & friends know I love Jennifer and have always been a fan since day one.
Aside from her fresh & innovative music, I love her genuine nature and outspoken personality. She never tries to be someone or something she's not. She always "does her".....and never lets the criticism of the public or press change who she is. I admire anyone that's true to themselves, because I am 100% true to myself!
That's why I'm always reading Russell Simmon's "Do You"!!! It's the only way to live!
So you go Jennie LO, "You do it-do it, you do it-do it, you're doin' it well!!!!

So with that in mind, I'm going to leave you with my closing thought of the day:

"Always be original & authentic.
Legends aren't made through duplication or carbon copies...


Never doubt that who you are isn't 100% unique and different from anyone else in the world.

We are all individuals with distinctive differences, and it's these differences that make us stand out from the rest.
Let the people say what they will, because they'll always have something to say.

Embrace your individuality and SHINE for all the world to see!"

Peace & Blessings,


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


LEX ;-)



No comments: